- Kevin M. Johnson, Umihiko Hoshijima, Cailan S. Sugano, Alice T. Nguyen, and Gretchen E. Hofmann. Shell dissolution observed in Limacina helicina antarctica from the Ross Sea, Antarctica: paired shell characteristics and in situ seawater chemistry. Biogeosciences Discussions. doi:10.5194/bg-2016-467
- Brent B. Hughes, Kamille K. Hammerstrom, Nora E. Grant, Umihiko Hoshijima, Ron Eby, Kerstin Wasson. Trophic cascades on the edge: fostering seagrass resilience via a novel pathway. Oecologia. doi: 10.1007/s00442-016-3652-z
- Emily B. Rivest, Margaret O’Brien, Lydia Kapsenberg,, Chris C. Gotschalk, Carol A. Blanchette, Umihiko Hoshijima, and Gretchen E. Hofmann. Beyond the Benchtop and the benthos: dataset managment planning and design for time series of ocean carbonate chemistry associated with Durafet(R)-based pH sensors.
- Dilly, G.F., Rivest, E.B., L. Kapsenberg, Nguyen, A.T., Hoshijima U., Johnson, K.M., and Hofmann, G.E. Exploring local adaptation to ocean acidification in Mytilus californianus during simulated upwelling events in Acidification Respirometry Chambers (ARCs). (in preparation).
- Hofmann, G.E., K.M. Johnson, Hoshijima, U, Wong, J.M., and Sugano, C. On thin ice? Pteropods as sentinel organisms and the utility of transcriptomics. (in preparation)
- Hoshijima, U, J. M. Wong, and G.E. Hofmann. A Potentially Pterrible Pteropod Predicament: metabolic effects of CO2 and temperature stress on Limacina helicina antarctica. (in preparation)
- Hofmann, G.E., Johnson, K.M., Hoshijima, U., Wong, J.M., and Sugano, C. Pteropods of sentinel organisms for Ocean Acidification. Invited manuscript, (in preparation).